My Weekly Calendar

I used to have a goal here about eventually reading one book a day and writing fifty pages each week. Someday I may be able to get to fifty pages written, but I've had to come to terms with my inability to read fast enough to ever reach the other goal. Instead, I've begun pacing myself for what I think I can accomplish around work and other priorities. It will drastically cut back how many books I get through each year, but sometimes life is also about accepting what you won't achieve. It's beautiful and necessary to believe in infinite possibilities, but it's also beautiful and necessary to understand limitations.






Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Dark Lantern

I eventually just had to kinda skim through this novel after reading nearly two hundred pages.  It's a little over four hundred pages, and once I realized the characters were just mediocre and it seemed like the whole novel would be the same thing over and over, I decided to flip through it to find something that would seem different or interesting.  I found nothing.  I'm sure people who like novels set in the late 1800's would love this book, though, as it is rich with descriptions of the London setting.  I, however, can't even be bothered to wonder what gradiation of C I would give it, so I'm just going to give it a C.

No comments: